The Old School Hip Hop Message Board
The Old School Hip Hop Message Board
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Old School Hip Hop Board
 Old School Discussions and Questions
 Wild Style Soundtrack
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Obi Joe
High Ranking Old School Official

United Kingdom
775 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  11:28:25 AM  Show Profile Send Obi Joe a Private Message
Does anyone know why the re-press edition of the Wild Style film soundtrack is compleatley different from the origonal 1983 version, random I know, but check back. peace

ITS YOURS

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

freddy fresh
Full Old School Member

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  01:03:02 AM  Show Profile Send freddy fresh a Private Message
taken from my book (I think the repress is BETTER and more toons etc..)
ANIMAL RECORDS (Wild Style Soundtrack)
This record was originally available through special screenings of the B Boy culture documentary of the film by the same name. At the end of screenings they would sell the album soundtrack of this film. I purchased my copy in 1983 at a screening of the film at the Bell Theater University of Minnesota. There were a handful of test pressings made of the instrumental versions of the songs as well, these were made for the DJ’s in the actual film to play and scratch with etc.. A few copies leaked out but almost NO ONE has an original test pressing of this record. (see test pressings, bootlegs etc..) see scan near end of book
6005 Wildstyle Soundtrack (Grand Wizard Theodore – Military Cut, Busy Bee Vs. Rodney C – MC Battle, Cold Crush Brothers vs. Fantastic Freaks – Basketball Throwdown, Fantastic Freaks at the Dixie, Grand Wizard Theodore – Subway Theme, Cold Crush Brothers at the Dixie, Double Trouble – Stoop Rap, Double Trouble at the Amphitheater, Busy Bee at the Amphitheater, DJ Grand Wizard Theodore – Gangbusters, Rammellzee & Shockwell at the Amphitheater) **** 1983
This album has been reissued through Beyongolia Records London England and includes 6 exclusive tracks not on the original Wildstyle album they are (Busy Bee’s –Limo Rap, Grandmaster Caz – South Bronx Subway Rap, Busy Bee – Street Rap, Fantastic Freaks at the Amphitheater, Fab 5 Freddy – Down By Law) 1998

fresh
Go to Top of Page

Uptownkid
True Guardian of the Old School - A Godfather

9092 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  09:29:09 AM  Show Profile Send Uptownkid a Private Message
So, I've recently seen copies of 'Wild Style Instrumentals' on vinyl...would this be worth picking up?

...I guess that's a stupid question, right?

peace

Go to Top of Page

freddy fresh
Full Old School Member

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  11:33:55 AM  Show Profile Send freddy fresh a Private Message
wild style inst. originally released as TEST PRESSING 20 copies or so is INVALUABLE
The Black Steel EP (Music OF LIFE) is the same thing basically and much more available..
also the BONGO cats in London re-released this and is fantastic pressing
yes worth it

fresh
Go to Top of Page

Obi Joe
High Ranking Old School Official

United Kingdom
775 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  09:53:27 AM  Show Profile Send Obi Joe a Private Message
I'M CONFUSED, are you saying that there where two versions of the Wildstyle soundtrack in 1983. one that was only avalible after the screening of the B-boy culture documentry, and one avalible in the shops. if so how come it is only the 1983 version that you could get from shops that contains Wild Style theme rap 1 and 2.

ITS YOURS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Old School Hip Hop Message Board © 2007 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2